With the beauty of the Scotland castles architecture, you’ll be in awe seeing it right before you. Not to mention the castle’s lavish restaurants, remote spas, and luxurious accommodations make you feel like royalty. And you won’t want to leave – from rotating turrets to antique furnishings, these castles to stay in Scotland go all out when it comes to luxuries.
We have compiled this list of castles to stay in Scotland for you so you know where to stay, should you visit Scotland. We have also looked at all things to see and do, but the one thing we will say is that if it is castles and history that you are looking for then Scotland has a lot of both.
Why Castles to Stay in Scotland Are So Special?
Fancy sleeping in a wooden carved four-poster bed? Staying in a Scottish Castle Hotel is truly a one-of-a-kind holiday. We have fairy-tale castles with open log fires, bedrooms with tall ceilings and wooden beamed roofs, places of quiet beauty with woodlands, lawns and breath-taking gardens.
Castles with medieval ambience but with modern facilities. Some castle hotels are famous for their paranormal activity; perfect if you are looking for an adrenaline rush!
What is a Castle Hotel?
A Castle Hotel is a luxurious hotel with a history. They offer the best of both worlds: the comfort and service of a modern hotel and the ambience of centuries-old castles.
All around Scotland, it has converted ancient manors and castles into some of the best hospitality venues. A one-night stay at any of these castle hotels will make you feel like the kings and barons that once lived here. We’ve done that for you by gathering together the best castles to stay in Scotland.
Castle hotels are not just your ordinary hotels, they are different in many ways. The most obvious one is that they are all located in medieval castles or fortresses.
Built as fortresses to defend against invading armies, these castles now serve as luxury hotels, catering to clients who want an experience that appears to be anything but modern. Castle hotels are perfect for a weekend away or to celebrate family gatherings.
8 Reasons Why Castles are the Best Place to Stay When Visiting Scotland
- Stay in a castle to be close to the history and culture of Scotland.
- You can feel as though you are living in a historical era, as the castle hotels offer a glimpse into medieval life.
- Most castles to stay in Scotland offer luxury amenities, such as pools and spas, to make your stay even more enjoyable.
- Most castles offer exclusive use, making it the perfect place for a romantic getaway or family holiday.
- Castles provide a historic backdrop for weddings and other events
- Castle hotels will make you feel like the king and queen in opulent castle hotel suites overlooking breathtaking lochs amid mountains
- Nature lovers will be in heaven, as the castle provides plenty of opportunities to take in the natural beauty on scenic walks in the hills, biking tours, and country activities like clay pigeon shooting
- Live like royalty while exploring the castle’s regal grounds and many perks.
List of Top 10 Best Castles to Stay in Scotland
There are a number of medieval castles in Scotland so this list is an absolute must!
This site uses affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you use my links and make a purchase without incurring an additional fee yourself. Many thanks for supporting this website. Please see my legal page for more details.
Can’t wait to hear what your favourite castle to stay in Scotland is when you take that much needed holiday?