If you don’t like the idea of driving on the other side of the road or having to negotiate your way onto crowded coaches, then go ahead and book a small group tour. In fact, I think there are plenty of other hidden benefits of a multi-day tour from Edinburgh – and here’s why…
Why take a multi-day tour from Edinburgh?
- See Scotland with like-minded companions who share interests and amazing experiences. The bonus – some new friends!
- Group travel reduces the environmental impact which is significantly less than if you each hired a car.
- In a small-group tour, if you get ill or injured, you have the immediate help of your tour leader.
- A multi-day tour is more friendly to your wallet. It’s easier to budget your trip – once you paid for your tour, all you need is some spending money on extras
What is a small group?
Rabbies tours have an average of 10 passengers. This lets you travel on small back roads and gives you more time with the guide in less crowded destinations.
What are the advantages of travelling with Rabbies Tours?
- You’ll be guided by a local who shows you a real taste of local life and takes you off the beaten track untouched by tourism
- No hassle with queues to attractions as it can be organised for you.
- You will be staying in local accommodation, which is an integral part of your holiday experience. Bonus- your contribution to the local economy.
- Your tour guide is an invaluable source of information on local culture, history and sights and that sometimes makes a difference between a good tour or a great tour.
Do not book a multi-day tour if you…
- If you want the flexibility to stay longer in some places. Small groups are more flexible with extra breaks or stops but unfortunately, the guide has a plan to follow.
- If you prefer to be on your own
- You are on a very tight budget. Generally, multi-day tours from Edinburgh are good value for money. But it really depends on your travel style and how many activities you want to do, what type of accommodation you want to stay in etc. There is always flexibility in those choices so I believe there is a tour for every budget.
Check Out The Top 10 Multi-Day Tours From Edinburgh
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What You Need To Know?
Check the tour details. Some tours have a luggage restriction to 14kg and some 20kg, it depends on how many days you are on tour. This may consist of a small bag for onboard personal items and a larger suitcase or rucksack.
Transport in a 16 seat Mercedes mini-coach with panoramic windows. Air conditioning as standard.
The stories and services of an English-speaking driver-guide
Are not included unless stated in your booking confirmation email.
Attraction tickets may need to be purchased in advance. More information is provided in your booking confirmation e-mail
Your tour excludes accommodation; but when you book, you can ask us to reserve local accommodation for you, or you can choose to reserve your own accommodation in the overnight locations
B&B (Bed and Breakfast) Standard
- The toilet and showering facilities are shared
B&B En suite
- The showering and toilet facilities are private
- Usually 3* or 4*
- dormitory rooms with 4 to 16 bunk beds
More information about accommodation find here
For our UK & Ireland tours, we have a cancellation period of 48 hours for our one day tours, 15 days for two to nine day tours, and 21 days for 10+ day tours. If cancelled outside this period, we’ll give you a full refund minus a 10% admin charge. If you cancel inside this period, refunds are at our discretion. Click here to view full terms and conditions.
Tours often include short walks on uneven ground or cobblestones. Your trip may also visit historical sites with access restrictions. Everything is optional, so you’re welcome to do as much or as little as you please.
So we can ensure you’re comfortable travelling with us, let us know about any special requirements or needs at the time of booking. It’s essential that you give us prior notice if you’re bringing a wheelchair (14kg/31lb max), a mobility aid, or need an accessible room.
We don’t provide WiFi on our mini-coaches. This is a chance for you to disconnect, unwind and take in the scenery. But don’t worry, there’ll be plenty of opportunities for you to get your updates when you get to your hotel.
- You’re required to wear a face covering onboard our mini-coaches. Please get in touch with email@example.com before your trip if you’re unable to wear a covering.
- You receive a quick temperature check at your departure point.
- There’s a short COVID-19 questionnaire to answer when you arrive.
- It’s not essential, but we recommend you take a lateral flow test before you travel with us.
- We provide hand sanitiser onboard our mini-coaches.
- More deatils here
Tours are only cancelled if it is unsafe to proceed. In case there is a very heavy rain forecast on the day, but it is safe to travel the guide will give you appropriate warnings about the weather and what to expect